Last Updated: May 8, 2014
A. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect two types of information: 1) Personal Information, and 2) Anonymous Information. Personal Information means information that may directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number. Anonymous Information means information that does not directly or indirectly identify you, such as the number of page views, link clicks, and login times. We may use both Personal and Anonymous Information to create Aggregate Information. Aggregate Information is the grouping of Personal and Anonymous Information into groups and/or categories, which does not identify you directly or indirectly. Through your use of the MS Services, we may collect the following Personal Information: your name; email address; information you provided in public forums and/or social networks; information you provided us while using the MS Services, including the use of the MS Services on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites; and the usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address when you use the MS Services.
B. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on the MS Services:
- Automatically Captured Information. We automatically collect information from your computer and/or device when you use the MS Services. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), software installed upon and/or devices connected to your computer and/or device, and the referring website address.
- Cookies. When you use the MS Services, we may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to our MS Services and to personalize your online experience. A cookie is a small piece of data that is stored in a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Through the use of a cookie, we may automatically collect information about your online activity in our MS Services, such as the pages you visit, the links you click, and the actions you take within the MS Services. Most systems automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on or via the MS Services.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of the MS Services. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embed in images on the pages of sites. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer through our MS Services visitors.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, parent and subsidiary companies, affiliates, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements or place ad tags or beacons on or via our MS Services. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not provide any Personal Information to these third parties. Please note, some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. For more information please visit: www.networkadvertising.org.
- Do not track signals. MS Services systems are not configured to respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services.
C. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our parent or subsidiary companies or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Manage our business; and
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
D. WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share your Personal Information with others except as indicated below:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your Personal Information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our MS Services functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our MS Services. These service providers may have access to Personal Information, which is needed to perform their functions, but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you engage in promotions offered through the MS Services, we may share Personal Information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other IAC businesses. We are part of the IAC family of businesses (www.iac.com). We may share information we collect, including Personal Information, with our IAC companies. Sharing information with our IAC family companies enables us to provide you with information about a variety of products and services that might interest you.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your Personal Information (i) in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency, (ii) in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; (iii) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; (iv) to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; (v) to enforce our MS Services terms and conditions or other agreements or policies; and (vi) in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business or the MS Services, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. In addition, we may share Aggregated Information we collect, under any of the above circumstances, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
E. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
F. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You may tell us not to share your Personal Information with third parties or the IAC companies for direct marketing purposes by clicking on the following link and entering the email address associated with your account: email@example.com. Please note, if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you it may result in you being unable to use certain features of the MS Services; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our MS Services.
G. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security and confidentiality of you information is very important to us, thus we take the appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
H. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our MS Services is intended for general audiences over the age of 13 years old. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 years old. If you are not over 13 years old, DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR USE THE MS SERVICES.
I. NO RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
K. HOW TO CONTACT US
Mindspark Interactive Networks, Inc.
555 West 18th Street
New York, NY 10011
ATTN: Privacy Officer/Legal Dept.
END OF DOCUMENT.
©2014 Mindspark Interactive Network, Inc.® All rights reserved.